May 20 - Graduation @ UNT 10:00 a.m.
- Graduation will be held in the Coliseum at the University of North Texas. The address is: 601 North Texas Boulevard, Denton, TX 76201
- Graduation starts at 10 a.m.
- Graduates need to arrive at 8:45 a.m.
- There is no limit to the number of guests that may attend the ceremony.
- There is a clear bag policy for the UNT Coliseum. Additional information regarding the allowed and prohibited items at UNT will be sent to all senior parents/guardians.
- Graduates ARE able to decorate their graduation caps. If the students have not had their design approved by the AHS administration, they will be given a new, blank cap prior to the graduation ceremony.
- Students are only allowed to wear school-issued graduation regalia to this event.
- Students should not have their phones during the ceremony. We encourage students to leave their phones with their family, but if they bring them to graduation, they will be kept in a labeled zip lock bag until after the ceremony.
- Attire: Students are expected to be in nice dress attire for the ceremony. Gentlemen are expected to wear a collared shirt and nice shoes. Ladies are encouraged to wear a nice dress. No tennis shoes, please. Please be aware that all students will walk up/down several flights of stairs so be mindful of this when picking out your shoes for the event.
- Very high heels make walking and stairs very difficult, and we don’t want anyone to fall on stage.
CLICK HERE to view the graduation FAQs.