- Argyle Independent School District
Pre-Kindergarten Registration for South Elementary
February 27, 2022 (updated April 1)
To participate in the Pre-Kindergarten Program: Children must be four years of age by September 1. If they are 5 on or before September 1st, 2022, they cannot attend preschool. They must live within the South Elementary-Argyle ISD boundaries. Pre-K student hours are 7:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
State-Funded Pre-K Qualifications
Students must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
Documentation required for qualification. Language testing at the campus for those seeking qualification for Language.
- Language Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Educationally disadvantaged, a student is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program based on total household income and family size. Must provide income documentation and qualify.
- Military Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Foster Care Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- Homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a
- Star of Texas eligible: eligible on the basis that his or her parent or guardian has received the Star of Texas Award for peace officers, firefighters, and emergency medical first responders. To be eligible, the parent must have been awarded between 2004 and the current year of the awards ceremony.
Cost: None. State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten is free to those who meet the qualifications stated above.
Registration: E-mail Maria Cruz at email@example.com to find out if you qualify for State-Funded Preschool. If you qualify, signups will start on May 2, 2022. A link will populate on this page on that date for state-funded signups.
For questions please contact Maria Cruz at 940-464-5100.
>SOUTH ELEMENTARY - Interest Form
A link will populate on this page on March 1 for lottery signups. The lottery drawing will take place in August. Exact date TBA.
Cost: Pre-K tuition cost for the 2022-2023 school year is $650 per month. A non-refundable $50 deposit is required upon enrollment in August.
Registration: South Elementary Pre-K Lottery sign-up for the 2022-2023 school year will take place March 1 through April 15. The lottery drawing will take place in August.
What is the age qualification for Pre-Kindergarten?
To attend Pre-K children must be four-years-old by September 1 of the school year in which they are applying. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
Why do I need to make an appointment for registration?