Children must be 4 on or before September 1, 2024 to participate in the Pre-K Program. If they are 5 on or before September 1st, 2024, they cannot attend Pre-K.
INTEREST FORM OPENS MARCH 1, 2024
PRE-K ENROLLMENT OPENS APRIL 1, 2024
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ENROLL ONLINE. DOING SO WILL CAUSE YOUR ENROLLMENT TO BE DELETED BECAUSE IT WILL BE SUBMITTED FOR THIS CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR.
YOU MUST BE APPROVED FOR STATE-FUNDED OR TUITION-BASED PRESCHOOL FIRST BEFORE YOU CAN COMPLETE THE ONLINE ENROLLMENT.
Pre-K school hours are 7:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
STATE-FUNDED PRE-K QUALIFICATIONS
Students must meet at least one of the following qualifications with supporting documentation to be approved for State-Funded Pre-K:
- Language: Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language.
- Testing is required for those seeking qualifications for language
- Educationally disadvantaged: Students are eligible based on total household income and family size. Must provide income documentation and qualify.
- Military: Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Foster Care: Be in, or has been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- Homeless: As defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 11434a
- Star of Texas eligible: Eligible on the basis that his or her parent or guardian has received the Star of Texas Award for peace officers, firefighters, and emergency medical first responders. To be eligible, the parent must have been awarded between 2004 and the current year of the awards ceremony.
State-funded pre-kindergarten is free for those who meet one of the qualifications stated above with required documentation.
Do I qualify?
The Pre-K Interest Form will open on March 1st, 2024. Please check the boundary map where you are zoned to attend. After reviewing the boundary map, please select and complete the campus interest form you are zoned to attend
Once you complete the interest form, you will be contacted by the school registrar. You will be notified if you meet the state-funded criteria, what documentation is needed, and what the next step is in the enrollment process. Please do not attempt to enroll online. Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year is not yet open.
If you do not meet the qualifications for the state-funded Pre-K program, then the tuition-based program may be the option for you. Tuition slots are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The 2024-2025 Pre-K tuition cost is yet to be determined. Information regarding tuition will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Once approved, a non-refundable $50 deposit MUST be received by May 31st, or you will lose your spot.
The 2023-2024 school year cost was $650.00 per month.
PRE-K INTEREST FORM
Applies to both State-Funded or Tuition-Based Pre-K.
How do I sign up?
Starting March 1, complete the link below for the campus you are zoned for:
PRE-K FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
What is the age qualification for Pre-Kindergarten?
To attend Pre-K, children must be four years old by September 1 of the school year they are applying. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
Once I complete the Interest Form, when will I be notified?
Tuition-based students who complete the Interest Form by May 23rd, 2024 will be notified by May 24, 2024 if they have a spot in our Pre-K program. A non-refundable $50 deposit MUST be received by May 31. 2024, or you will lose your spot.
Interest forms completed after May 23, 2024 will be notified by the first part of August, and the deposit MUST be received a week after notification.
How many days a week will my child attend Pre-K?
Pre-K is a five-day-a-week program.
How many hours a day will my child spend in Pre-K?
Pre-K is a full-day program from 7:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
Will my student attend the campus he/she is zoned for?
You are not guaranteed a spot in the Pre-K program nor guaranteed placement at the school for which you are zoned. Please complete the Pre-K Interest Form for the school where you are zoned to attend.
Is there a school supply list for Pre-Kindergarten??
Yes, there are designated supplies for Pre-K. If you have any questions about school supplies, please contact your child's teacher or the school they will attend.
Is transportation available?
Transportation will NOT be provided for Pre-K students beginning with the 2024-2025 school year.
Does attendance really count in Pre-K?
Yes, it does. To receive the full benefit of the Pre-K program, your child must be there daily for their class. Once you have enrolled your child in school, they are expected to attend and fall under the Compulsory Attendance Law. Refer to the Student Code of Conduct link below regarding state and district attendance laws and policies.
Can we fill out an online registration now?
Once you have been approved for State-Funded or Tuition-Based Pre-K, you will receive instructions on how to register online.
Students can only be placed in a class once qualifying and online registration are complete and approved.
We don't live in Argyle ISD. Can we transfer from another district?
No. We do not take out-of-district transfers for Pre-K. However, if you are moving (must have appropriate documentation) to Argyle ISD and will be in your home by May 1, 2025, you can apply for a temporary transfer. Please contact Yvolene McGarvey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What if I do not have the necessary paperwork?
All information is required. We can only complete the registration process and place your child in a class if the paperwork is complete.
- Original State Issued Birth Certificate
- The parent/guardian's Driver's License
- Student’s Social Security card
- Student’s current immunization records or the original form of Texas State Immunization Waiver signed and notarized *See below for required immunizations
- Current Electric Bill or acceptable proof of residence from the list below.
- If you do not have a current electricity bill and have moved into your home, we will accept a warranty deed with an electricity connection notice from your provider. After receiving your first electricity bill, please provide a copy to the campus.
- If you qualify for State-Funded Pre-K, you will need the documents listed on the campus page.
Proof of Residence
Listed below are the types of documents we will require for proof of residence based on your living situation:
- You LIVE in a home that YOU OWN within Argyle ISD boundaries
- You must provide a current Electric bill for that home (We only accept the electricity bill.)
- If you have not received your electric bill please provide your Deed of Trust (received at closing) along with your electric (CoServ) set-up letter.
- You RENT a home within Argyle ISD boundaries
- please provide your lease AND a current electric bill in your name.
- If the electric bill is not in your name, we will need your lease AND the most recent electric bill in your landlord's name.
- You AND your student are LIVING WITH A FAMILY that resides withing Argyle ISD boundaries
- You must contact Justine Holland (email@example.com) at the District Office regarding a Host Home Application.
- You are in the PROCESS OF MOVING and don't have a current electric bill,
- please email Yvolene McGarvey at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a Temporary Transfer.
Immunizations that are from outside of the United States and are not in English will need to be officially translated by a United States Primary Care Provider or Denton County Health Department.
4 doses of DPT/DTaP/DT/TdaP/Td
3 doses Polio
1 dose MMR
3 doses Hib
2 doses Hepatitis A
3 doses Hepatitis B
Pneumococcal Conjugate (Prevnar, PCV7)
1 dose Varicella
Immunizations must be up to date in order for registration to be completed.
Please make sure your child's immunizations are up to date before completing the online registration. We are unable to complete your child's registration and place them in a class if immunizations are not up to date.