Sadly, due to COVID-19, we will not be allowing volunteers to serve on any of the Argyle ISD campuses this year. We look forward to the brighter days that lie ahead when we can welcome volunteers back to school. Our students and teachers benefit from your support tremendously. We are thankful for you! Take care.
CALLING ALL HILLTOP DADS!!
ALL ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) is a nationally recognized, non-profit, father involvement initiative that is under the direction of the National Center for Fathering. The program was created for the purpose of encouraging dads, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures to become more involved in schools. The men who volunteer serve as positive male role models for our students while also enhancing our school's security. Volunteers commit to serving at least one full school day each year. On their day of participation, Watch D.O.G.S. report to the school office wearing their Watch D.O.G.S. t-shirt, so that they are easily identifiable. They spend their day involved with activities such as helping with morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up, reading with students, working with students on flashcards, playing at recess, eating lunch with students, and monitoring entrances and hallways. They have some special time dedicated to being with their own kids, but they spend most of their day mentoring to others.
- Raise the banner of positive fathering through the forum of schools across America and the world.
- Awaken fathers to the values and benefits of committed fathering.
- Change culture by where every student has a father or father-figure with which to connect in a positive way at school.
- Help every school in America be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in their student's life.
- Schools gain an extra set of eyes and ears. The presence of a father or father-figure enhances a sense of security at the building for students and staff and helps create an environment conducive to learning.
- Fathers get a glimpse of their students’ everyday world and learn about the increasingly complex challenges and decisions today’s youth are facing. As a result, they can learn to relate better to their student and hopefully connect with them.
- Fathers gain a greater awareness of the positive impact they can have on their student’s life in three critical areas including academic performance, self-esteem, social behavior.
- Students gain a positive male role model. Many students do not have a father-figure present in their home and these students benefit when a positive male role model is present.
Participating is easy! Just complete the following steps:
4. Order your Watch D.O.G.S. Shirt
5. Once both forms are completed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive a link to the sign-up calendar. Calendar sign-ups will begin on Wednesday, September 25, 2019. Watch Dogs will begin serving on October 1, 2019.
If you have any questions about the Watch D.O.G.S. program, you can contact Michael Ball at email@example.com.
Survey Access Code: 2185
Full School Name: Hilltop Elementary School, Argyle, TX