The AISD Communications Department engages Argyle Independent School District's parents, community members and stakeholders in transparent, effective, and open communication. RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications Department supports the District’s mission, vision, and core beliefs by delivering effective, authentic, communication with all of its parents, community members, and stakeholders. The department is responsible for the District’s internal and external communication efforts such as;
- Manage communication with internal and external entity's - Handle the school district's publications such as the districts magazine Insights, flyers, and news articles.
- Write news releases for all local newspapers/TV/radio; work to get media coverage of school district news. Serve as the media's liaison with the school district as directed by the Superintendent.
- Assist in the process and promotes community input related to bonds. Assists in the development of budget/bond issue campaigns and publications.
- Write and develop a communications plan for the district, detailing how to reach its internal and external public; writes/develops a crisis communications plan of reaching the public, gathering the facts and dealing with media in a crisis.
- Manage and Update the districts News on the AISD Website and update/manage the districts Facebook and Twitter.
- Enhance the communication methods in the district by sending out Eagle Updates and a Week At A Glance.
- Conduct formal and informal research to determine public opinion and attitude as a basis for planning and action.
- Promote the district's strengths/achievements, and its solutions to problems.
- Publicize student and staff achievements.
- Answer public and new resident requests for information.
- Work on request with the districts PTA's & PTO's in areas related to communication. Meet quarterly with each campuses board members and districts superintendent to promote communication within the PTA and PTO organizations.
- Serve as the district's liaison with community groups such as civic associations and service clubs; helps plan/publicize district, student, parent and community service programs. Develops ways to bring the community into the schools.
- Work with local officials, surrounding communities and businesses to promote partnership.
Pamela Arrington, M.Ed.
Public and Community Relations Director