Argyle Independent School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Argyle ISD Spring Break March 8-12
Student Nutrition » Charge Policy

Charge Policy

No Kid Hungry Logo

Taking food away from hungry children because of charge limits is embarrassing to the child and painful for the student nutrition team member forced to do it. For that reason, we have implemented the "No Kid Hungry" policy. 

Any student who comes through our serving lines will not be turned away because of insufficient funds on their account. Students will be allowed to charge food purchases at all regular serving lines at all times. 
Parents will be responsible for the debt that is incurred by their child. If a parent does not want us to allow their child to charge meals they can set a "No Charging"
restriction on their account by filling out the Account Restrictions Request Form
Restrictions will be added to accounts within 48 hours.

We also highly recommend that parents sign up through School Cafe to monitor student balances, see purchase history, set a la carte restrictions, and make payments.

Our point of sale system will also send alerts to the parent email on file as soon as a child's account goes negative. 

Our lunch loaner account is available for families with financial hardships who need assistance paying off balances. Please contact Amy Bresnahan at 940-464-7241 x1010 for more information on how our lunch loaner account can assist your family. 



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.