Please be sure to check Argyle West Attendance Policies in our Student Handbook for more details. Here are a few reminders:
- Reporting Absences – If a student is absent due to an illness or a medical appointment it is the responsibility of the parent to notify the attendance office of the absence. Please use the AWE Report an Absence Form by 9:30 am each day to report an absence due to illness or medical appointments. If the absence is due to a medical appointment please provide a medical note when your student returns.
- The official attendance is taken every day at 9:30 A.M.
- If your student misses during attendance time (9:30 am) due to a doctor’s appointment but attends school for the rest of the day please send a doctor’s note, as we still receive funding for these types of absences. We do not receive funding for all-day absences even with a doctor’s note however they are considered excused.
- Documentation- **Please provide a doctor’s note to the office within 3 days of absence for it to be excused. You may also use the Report An Absence form on our webpage.
- Pre-planned Absences- In order to request permission to have make-up class work for a student as a result of an absence caused by an obligation other than illness, medical appointments, or a funeral, a student must have the AISD Special / Pre-Planned Absence Request form which can be found on the right hand side of this page. Please submit this form to the office a minimum of 3 days prior to the planned absence in order to allow time for review. The process of approving this special request absence will include the consideration of attendance in class, grades and other extenuating circumstances. Absences will not be granted during state mandated assessments. Each student may only be granted 5 days per school year. A student must be in attendance 90% of the school year. A planned absence causing a student to be in attendance less than 90% of the school year would be cause to deny this request. Parents will only be notified in the case of denial of pre-planned absence.
To check your student’s attendance(and grades), click on this link: FAMILY ACCESS This is also accessible under Parent Resources on the AISD website.