Argyle Independent School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Hilltop Elementary Moving to Virtual Instruction from Jan. 22-Jan. 29

Qualifying Documentation For Pre-Kindergarten

Documentation Required for Student Enrollment

Refer to the State-Funded and Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten pages for documentation needed based on the program you are applying for.

  • Original State Issued Birth Certificate
  • The parent/guardian’s acceptable photo ID* that matches the address listed on the electric bill;
  • Student’s Social Security card;
  • Student’s current immunization records;                                                                                                               
    Your child's immunizations must be current in order to complete your child's registration and place them in a class. 
  • Acceptable proof of residence from one of the options listed on the side column of this page.              


*Acceptable photo ID must be current and valid, and may include any of the following:

  • State issued driver’s license
  • Texas ID
  • Passport with current address
  • Military or government-issued ID
  • Consular card
Non-Acceptable Photo ID includes but may not be limited to the following:
  • A membership card such as Sam’s Club or other similar cards
  • A debit/credit card with a photo, etc.

 If you will be applying for the Federal Free and Reduced Price Lunch program please note:
Registering for Pre-Kindergarten does not automatically enroll your family in the lunch program. You will need to fill out the application for the lunch program beginning in August, before school begins. The campus  will verify income for Pre-Kindergarten enrollment but does not approve lunch applications. Applications for the lunch program must be completed and approved by AISD Food Services.

Listed below are the types of documents we will require for proof of residence based on your living situation:
1.  If you reside in a home you own in Argyle ISD, we need your current Electric bill for that home.  We only accept the electric bill.  It cannot be a screenshot, statement printout or statement of service.
2.  If you are building or buying a home in Argyle ISD, you will need to contact the administrative office regarding a temporary residence approval.  You will need that temporary residence approval as your proof of residence.
3.  If you are renting a home in Argyle ISD, we will need your lease AND an electric bill in your name.  If the electric bill is not in your name we will need your lease AND the most recent electric bill in your landlord's name.
4.  If you and the student are living with a family that resides in Argyle ISD, you will need to contact the administrative office regarding a Host Home Application.  You will need to bring that approved Host Home form as your proof of residence.