Documentation Required for Student Registration and Document Review
Refer to the State-Funded and Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten pages for documentation needed based on the program you are applying for.
- Birth Certificate
- Current original utility bill (not a telephone bill); or Proof of Residency if you are building in the school district - you can obtain this document from the AISD Administration Office (please bring builder's contract); or Host Home Affidavit along with host home current electric bill if you are living with a family member/friend.
- The parent/guardian’s acceptable photo ID* that matches the address listed on the utility bill;
- Student’s Social Security card;
- Student’s current immunization records;
Your child's immunizations must be current in order to complete your child's registration and place them in a class.
*Acceptable photo ID must be current and valid, and may include any of the following:
- State issued driver’s license
- Texas ID
- Passport with current address
- Military or government-issued ID
- Consular card
Non-Acceptable Photo ID includes but may not be limited to the following:
- A membership card such as Sam’s Club or other similar cards
- A debit/credit card with a photo, etc.
If you will be applying for the Federal Free and Reduced Price Lunch program please note:
Registering for Pre-Kindergarten does not automatically enroll your family in the lunch program. You will need to fill out the application for the lunch program beginning in August, before school begins. The campus will verify income for Pre-Kindergarten enrollment but does not approve lunch applications. Applications for the lunch program must be completed and approved by AISD Food Services.