Dear AHS Parents:
In the 2019 Texas Legislative Session, House Bill 3 was passed that allows for reimbursement to parents for costs originating from their son or daughter taking either the SAT or ACT college entrance exam. Argyle ISD is currently asking parents that wish to recoup the cost of their child’s exam to submit the information that we need in order to officially process the reimbursement. The goal of this correspondence is to inform you of the requirements for reimbursement and to provide you a link that will help you receive your reimbursement should your child qualify.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SAT/ACT REIMBURSEMENT
1. Your child must have been a senior in the 2019-20 school year, and he/she must have taken either the ACT or SAT between the dates of September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020 OR your child must have been a junior in the 2019-20 school year, and he/she must have taken either the ACT or SAT between the dates of January 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020.
2. Reimbursement checks can only be made payable to the student’s parent or guardian. Checks cannot be made payable to the student.
3. Documentation must be submitted that shows the date of the exam, the location of the exam, the cost of the exam, and the exam taken (ACT or SAT).
4. Reimbursement cannot be made for the cost of the writing portion of any exam.
5. Late registration fees cannot be reimbursed.
6. Reimbursement is a one-time event. You will receive reimbursement for the cost of either one ACT or one SAT. You may choose which test to submit for reimbursement provided it meets all requirements.
7. AISD will only reimburse a parent when the proper form is completed and all required documentation is provided. The deadline for the first round of reimbursement is June 18, 2020.
Please use the link below to submit your reimbursement information. Should you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.