How do I report a student's absence? Go to the Report A Student Absence Form BEFORE 9:30 a.m. each day of absence.
What if my student arrives late? Please send them to campus with a note that includes: the student's first and last name, date, and reason and signed by the parent. If your student has a medical appointment, please send them back to school with the note from the doctor.
What time is attendance taken each day? Within the first 10 minutes of every class period.
- Please try to pick up your student during passing periods to alleviate the number of interruptions to the classroom. Please refer to the Bell Schedule.
- Please do not call, leave a voicemail or email for a pick-up time. The office is very busy and we cannot guarantee that we will have your student check-out on time.
- Please do not text your student to come and wait in the office. A note needs to be sent in the morning before a student can be released for pick up.
- Please make sure your student has an appointment, or excuse note every time they return to school. The student will sign in at the office with their note and will be given an “Admit Slip” to get back into class.
- Please tell your student if they don’t feel well, the proper procedure is to go through the nurse first and she will call a parent to pick up when necessary.
- Documentation - Excused/Unexcused Absences. Please provide a doctor's note or handwritten note to the front office within 3 days of absence for it to be excused. In the handwritten note please include the student's first/last name, date(s) of absence, and your name.
- Excessive Absences - Students who exceed 8 absences in the Fall or 10 absences in the Spring will have to make up seat time in Truancy School. The amount of time is determined by how many days the student is over the limit. Truancy charges may be filed if a student is absent ten or more days or parts of days within a six-month period in the same school year, or is absent on three or more days or parts of days within a four-week period. This includes being late to the first period or picked up early from the last period. Exceeding 18 absences in a school year could result in the loss of class credit.
- Missed work - If/When your student is feeling up to it - they can email their teachers of their Chrome Book and check Google classroom for any assignments that are posted.