To participate in the Pre-Kindergarten Program: Children must be four years of age by September 1. If they are 5 on or before September 1 they cannot attend preschool. They must live within the Argyle West Elementary-Argyle ISD boundaries. Pre-K student hours are 7:30 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
State-Funded Pre-K Qualifications
Students must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
Documentation required for qualification. Language testing at the campus for those seeking qualification for Language.
- Language Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Educationally disadvantaged, a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program based on total household income and family size.
- Military Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Foster Care Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- Homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a
- Star of Texas eligible: Be the child of a person eligible for the Star Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004
Cost: None. State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten is free to those who meet the qualifications stated above.
Registration: Contact the campus to find out if you qualify for State-Funded Preschool. If you qualify, online registration will start on Monday, May 3, 2021.
For questions please contact 940-464-0564 x5005.
Tuition-based Pre-KIf you do not meet the qualifications for the state-funded Pre-K program then the tuition-based program may be the option for you. A limited number of tuition-based spots will be available. Spaces will be available by a tuition-based lottery. Online Tuition Lottery sign-up will take place March 1 to April 15. The lottery drawing will take place in August. Exact date TBA.
Cost: Monthly tuition costs for Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten is $550. A non-refundable registration fee of $50 is assessed at the time of registration.
Registration: Hilltop Pre-K Lottery registration for the 2021-2022 school year will take place March 1 through April 15. The lottery drawing will take place in August.
What is the age qualification for Pre-Kindergarten?
To attend Pre-K children must be four years old by September 1 of the school year in which they are applying. There are no exceptions to this requirement.What are the times for Pre-Kindergarten?PreKindergarten is a five-day-a-week program. Pre-K is a full-day program from 7:30 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.Is there a school supply list for Pre-Kindergarten?Yes, there are designated supplies for Pre-K. If you have any questions about school supplies please contact your child's teacher or the school they will attend.Is transportation available?Pre-K students living in the school district may ride the bus to and from school.Does attendance really count in Pre-K?Yes, it does. To receive the full benefit of the Pre-K program your child needs to be here every day for their class. Once you have enrolled your child in school they are expected to attend and fall under Compulsory Attendance Law. Refer to the Student Code of Conduct link below regarding state and district attendance laws and policies. Please refer to the Hilltop Student Handbook.
Why do I need to make an appointment for registration?Parents of students who are qualifying for State-Funded Pre-Kindergarten must provide documentation to the campus. Appointments reserve the time you and the campus need to process paperwork.Wouldn't it be easier to just register now?Prekindergarten appointments begin in April through the end of the school year. Families can also qualify and register during new student registration in August.Can we fill out online registration now?Once you have been approved, you will receive instructions on how to register online.You must attend your Pre-K appointment and bring in documentation that shows you qualify for the program. Students cannot be placed in a class until both qualifying and registration is complete and approved.We don't live in Argyle ISD. Can we transfer from another district?No. We do not take out of district transfers for Pre-K.We will be out of town during Pre-K State-Funded Pre-K registration. Can I still register?Yes. After the Pre-K registration dates you will need to contact the campus at 940-464-0564 x5005.Does my child need to attend registration?If you are qualifying for the English as a Second Language (ESL) program your child does need to attend registration to be tested for the program. Refer to the Prekindergarten Qualification page for details about the types of information needed for qualifying for Pre-K.What if I do not have the necessary paperwork?Please refer to the parent checklist page. All information is required. If all paperwork is not complete we cannot complete the registration process and place your child in a class.